Book a Consultation
Student Direct Stream (SDS)

Get a study permit through the Student Direct Stream

Select an option to see more
Select an option to see more

Some International Students can get their study permits faster by using the Student Direct Stream (SDS), depending on where you live.

SDS applications can be processed within 20 calendar days.

You can find out more about the Student Direct Stream (SDS) here.

To be eligible for faster processing through the Student Direct Stream, you must be a legal resident living in 1 of the following countries:

  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Brazil
  • China
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • India
  • Morocco
  • Pakistan
  • Peru
  • Philippines
  • Senegal
  • Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • Vietnam

Who isn’t eligible for the Student Direct Stream? If you live anywhere other than 1 of the countries listed above (even if you’re a citizen of one of the countries above), you must apply through the regular study permit application process.

Book a Consultation

Family Sponsorship

Key Areas under Family Reunification Program:

  • Spouse, Common Law
  • Parent, Grandparent
  • Child or Other Dependant

Immigration Refugee & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has long prioritized the reunification of families making Family Class Sponsorship Program one of its main immigration pillars. This particular class of immigration will allow you to apply to bring your spouse from overseas, sponsor a parent of grandparent or reunite with your child or other dependant.

Under Family Sponsorship the individual or “sponsor” must be either a permanent resident or citizen of Canada, over the age of 18 years old.

They are required to commit to supporting the applicant through the process as well as once they arrive in Canada for a specified timeframe as outlined by IRCC. Navigating Canadas complex immigration process can be challenging and the process of bring your loved ones to Canada shouldn’t be taken lightly; At D2CIS you can expect professional guided service to meet your particular circumstance, ensuring a strong application submission on your behalf.

Study in Canada

  • Student Study Permit
  • Student Study Permit Extensions

Students come from all over the world to advance their education at Canadas post secondary institutions. In order to attend these designated learning intuitions (DLI) a study permit must be issued to the individual prior to the commencement of their program. Study permits usually last the length of your program with an additional buffer time to allow for transition to another status if permitted. Study permit extensions must be applied for within the 90-day period, which will allow the student to either extend their time in Canada for completion of a program, transition to work permit or amend their current status to visitor.

Did you know that the Student Direct Stream (SDS) has been introduced for a few “Select” countries including Trinidad and Tobago, Antigua and Barbuda, Brazil, India, Senegal, Morocco, Philippines just to name a few; Ask how a D2CIS Immigration Professional can assist you with this process.

Immigrate to Canada

  • Express Entry
  • Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Federal economic immigrations programs, which include Federal Skilled Trades, Federal Skilled Worker and the Canadian Experience Class have been put into place to help Canada continue to grow economically. The Express Entry program eligibility requirements vary depending of the category applied to. Comprehensive Ranking System scores are awarded to individuals based on their language ability, certifications, age, education and work experience both inside and outside Canada.

Successful candidates who score above the monthly draws will receive an Invitation to Apply, at which time they will be given a stated amount of time to comply with the remaining documentation required permanent residency process. If you would like assistance with your Express Entry profile, or need clarity about next steps in the process contact D2CIS today.

The Provincial Nomination Program process is another alternative available to individuals looking to immigrate to Canada. Canada is a very large country with diverse economic needs for each of its Provinces and Territories. Because of this, many provinces have established In-demand Occupations Categories where they can recruit top foreign nationals to fill the economic deficits within their respective regions. Foreign Nationals selected, in many cases, will receive job offers from employers and expedited permanent residency for themselves and their families directly tied to that particular province or territory.

Visit Canada

A Visitors’ visa is an official document issued by the Canadian government allowing the individual to enter and stay in Canada temporarily usually up to 6 months. Super Visa is similar to a TRV whereby it is an official document issued to Senior citizen foreign nationals to visit their (Permanent residents or citizens of Canada) children or grandchildren for up to 2 years at a time. The Super Visa is valid for up to 10 years and allows multiple entry into Canada. Parent Grandparent Super Visa (PGP) – requirements for PGP can be daunting, experienced professionals at D2CIS will help you navigate the steps, criteria are as follows: signed invitation letter from your child or grandchild, required purchase of medical insurance, confirmation of financial support by immediate family members in Canada for the duration of the Seniors stay, the parent or grandparents child must be a permanent resident or Canadian citizen.

Work in Canada

Obtaining a work permit can vary greatly depending on which type of work permit an individual is applying for. The majority of foreign nationals will require one in order to be eligible to work in Canada.

Some work permits carry a restriction (also known as employer-specific), others are issued open, meaning the foreign national can work for any employer in Canada for as long as the permit states.

Other work permits:
  • Temporary Foreign Worker Program,
  • Post Graduate,
  • Global Talent Stream,
  • International Mobility Program,
  • Intra-company Transfers and LMIA supported

Whichever type of permit you require, simply contact a D2CIS professional to assist you with scheduling a consultation

Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)

Do you need help meeting all the requirements for your application to ESDC or simply need professional assistance completing your LMIA application?

A D2CIS immigration professional can support you through the entire process by offering recommendations on

  • Category requirements (low or high-wage),
  • Advertising compliance review,
  • Confirmation of business documentation, employer portal support as well as fee compliance specific to each province.

Call us today for a meeting. We would be glad to help.

Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)

A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) is an official document issued by the Canadian government allowing the individual to enter and stay in Canada temporarily, usually for up to 6 months.

TRV’s are required for most foreign nationals in order to enter Canada. However, certain countries are visa-exempt and simply require an e-visa known as an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).

Permanent Settlement

Residency and Citizenship

A Canadian permanent resident is an individual who has been issued permanent resident status by immigration Canada after meeting all of IRCC’s requirements.

Permanent residents receive many of the same benefits Canadian citizens have. However, there is a distinct difference between the two; permanent residents must adhere to certain requirements known as residency obligations. Once these obligations have been met, only then, can the Permanent resident transition to Citizenship.

Canadian Citizenship awards the individual with protected civil liberties under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which means you will now be able to vote, hold a Canadian passport, run for public office, live anywhere in the world without losing your citizenship, among other benefits.

Contact our office today for an assessment to discover your options under this category of Canadian immigration.

Parent / Grandparent Super Visa (PGP)

The Super Visa is an official document issued to the Parents or Grandparents of Permanent Residents and Citizens of Canada allowing them to stay for up to 2 years at a time.

Super Visa Requirements
  • Signed invitation letter from your child or grandchild,
  • Purchase of medical insurance,
  • Confirmation of financial support by immediate family members in Canada for the duration of the Seniors stay,
  • The Parent or Grandparents child must be a permanent resident or Canadian citizen.

The Super Visa is valid for up to 10 years and allows multiple entries into Canada.

Privacy Settings
We use cookies to enhance your experience while using our website. If you are using our Services via a browser you can restrict, block or remove cookies through your web browser settings. We also use content and scripts from third parties that may use tracking technologies. You can selectively provide your consent below to allow such third party embeds. For complete information about the cookies we use, data we collect and how we process them, please check our Privacy Policy
Consent to display content from - Youtube
Consent to display content from - Vimeo
Google Maps
Consent to display content from - Google